Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Liese Prettia Foaming Hair Dye (Rose Tea Brown) - Part 2 Dying

Sorry for the late post! Been really busy this past few weeks with college stuff~ So I dyed my hair two weeks ago~ It was a very long process as I couldn't get the bubbles to stay on my hair before they disappeared.




The instructions I got were in Japanese (as I ordered it straight from Japan), though here's an English video of the instructions in English:


So here is the two bottles of the hair dye. After mixing it and putting on the pink bubble cap, you should be able to squeeze out foam.



So this is my hair before I dyed it. I have had highlights in the past, hence why the ends of my hair is ligher than my roots.



After my tedious almost an hour long from start to finish, here is the end result:

(Natural lighting indoors)



(Inside light)


(Natural lighting outdoors... sorry my smile was too derpy so I blurred it)

It was a bit disappointing because the purple undertone did NOT show up at all. The color I have now has a more orange undertone when shined under sun light. I like the color still but it is far from what the box has shown. I think it may be because my hair wasn't bleached or I may have left it in for a bit too long.

RATINGS
Easiness: ★ ★ ★ ★ 
The entire process is really easy. There steps were really easy to understand, even though it was in Japanese. The only thing that may be a bit hard is when trying to get the dye on the back of your head. Other than that, it is basically like shampooing your hair!

Color: ★ ★  ☆ 
As mention earlier, the color did not come out exactly as the box said it would. Under certain lighting, it may appear to be purplish though under the sunlight, it becomes a whole other color. The color is nice but I'm disappointed it didn't turn out how I wanted it to be.

Brightness: ★ ★ ★  ☆
The color is not quite visible under room light. You can tell its lighter though it appears to be brown. Under the sunlight, it becomes

Smell: ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 
The first few days, my hair smelled like ammonia after I dyed it. The smell is pretty strong if your hair is right in front of your face, though if it's behind your ears it wasn't that bad.

CONCLUSION
The color didn't fade after a week and it is still pretty visible. I think under certain lighting, the hair appears to have a purple undertone. Even though the color did not turn out how I wanted it to be, I still like the color I have right now. This is my second-third week and the color is still pretty vibrant. The dye itself doesn't wash off that easily, which is a plus! I will be doing another review in a month or two to update you guys whether the color faded or not~

4 comments:

  1. I dyed my hair with the exact same dye. Turned out just like your hair did. I wasn't impressed. Rose tea brown on dark asian hair is a no no D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea~ I think if you bleach your hair it might help a bit, though I'm surprised that the color is still on and didn't fade (:

      Delete
  2. I bought the same dye from Japan and was able to use it earlier today. I was expecting a purple shade as what was shown in the packaging but was surprised to see a mix of orange/light brown shade! There were some instances though that it appears to be purple in photos I took but the actual hair color is FAR from what is on the box. Bit disappointed and even thought I was colorblind after dying my hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, the colors didn't turn out what it should have appeared to be but I think under certain lighting, you can see the hint of purple. I think perhaps bleaching the hair or dying a lighter color before using this color may help.

      Delete