Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Summer in Asia~ Part One

Sorry for the lack of update. I have been doing some traveling in the last 1.5 months and now back in school for summer session :( The first stop I'll be blogging about is Tokyo, Japan.

I went there for 5 days and I have to say... it wasn't enough time. There were just so many things to do and see that you really need to arrange everything well.

DAY ONE
The first day, I got to Tokyo pretty late. By the time we arrived at my relative's place, it was already 10 at night. Luckily one of the ramen store near their house was open. I wasn't too hungry since it was already so late but I ended up getting a mentaiko rice and it was so good!

For those of you that don't know what mentaiko is, it's marinated roe of pollock. These were raw and they were really fresh!


Since my relative's house is right in front of the Tokyo Tower, there apartment view is so beautiful! The Tokyo Tower looks really amazing at night, especially with all the lightings.

DAY TWO

The second day, we traveled to the Ginza area and bought a lot of food. There's a lot of wholesales on food such as seasoning and snacks... and I went a bit crazy and bought a lot -_- 

Afterwards we went to the old Tokyo Station to eat lunch.



Since we were at the Tokyo Station area, I thought we might as well go to the underground shops... and also to find store that I have been wanting to go!

There were so many people there (since it was a Saturday), but I was so happy that I found my Rilakkuma store!! If you don't know, I collect Rilakkuma plushies and I have another blog dedicated just for it!


The underground store had so many character stores! I saw Snoopy, Shonen Jump, and NHK Character (such as Domo) stores and I have to say, it was very crowded! I passed this really interesting looking cat but wasn't too sure where it's from.



Before we concluded our day, I made a trip to Pokemon Center! I never been to the new store after it moved though I got to say it's not as cute as it use to be... :(. 

This use to be the old Pokemon Tokyo Store
(Image from All Japan Tours)

Now... it looks like this. I personally don't like how 'modern' it looks and the store front isn't as cute, though the new location is now located in a office building so I guess they can't renovate the front...
(Image from Tokyo Times)

DAY THREE
The third day we had my relative's friend take us to different places. The first stop we went to was the Sapporo Beer Station. To be honest, we weren't suppose to go here but there was some kind of small event going on in the area that when we past, my uncle wanted to check it out.



We had lunch in that area and the view from the restaurant was really nice! You can get a nice bird eye's view of Tokyo City~ If you look closely, you can spot the Tokyo Tower in the photo below :D



At night, we had dinner in the Odaiba area. One of the main attractions in the area is the replicated Statue of Liberty. The replica seems just like the real one! 


... and this is the famous Rainbow Bridge~ The lights that night weren't that pretty so the bridge didn't appear to be in rainbow colors :P The bridge though was still pretty in the dark and the design reminded me of this other bridge back in Shanghai... haha


We also visited my relative's friend's home and they just so happen to have a dog as well :D Her name is Sherry~ I'm not a big poodle lover, though she is one of the sweetest poodles I have ever met.


DAY 4
Coming to Tokyo means visiting the Sky Tree Tower! To be honest, I was more into shopping than looking at the tower. The design of the tower was pretty neat, though I'm not too interested in buildings because living in a city for almost my entire life, I have seen a lot of different kinds of buildings and towers. I really do like the fact that the mall has so many Sky Tree Tower related merchandises.







That afternoon when we returned back to my relative's house, a rainbow appeared right next to the Tokyo Tower! I really wished it was right behind the tower 'cause then it would have been a really pretty shot! But it was still pretty exciting to see a rainbow =u=


DAY FOUR
The last full day before leaving Japan, my relative's friend's daughter took us to DisneySea. I've been to Tokyo Disneyland several years ago and didn't quite like it because it was a lot smaller than the one in California, though the merchandise they sold were so much better! 

The entire design of the park was really unique because it's different from California's Adventure Land. My favorite parts would probably be the 'Mermaid Lagoon', 'Lost River Delta', or 'Arabian Coast' because of the building designs.





When we went, it just so happened to be Tokyo Disney's 30th Anniversary. There were a lot of limited edition merchandise. Also one of the special things you can get there is Duffy and Shellie May (which is only exclusive in Tokyo Disney).



DisneySea was a lot more fun than what I have expected! I think one main reason may have been due to the fact that the lines for the rides were so short! Never have I ever gone to a Disney park without having to wait at least 45 minutes for a ride!! That day, the longest line I waited in was like... 20 minutes~ :3

Well here's my short entry of my trip to Tokyo~ There were a lot more photos but spamming everything with photos can be boring sometimes. Next up will be about my trip to Taipei :D

No comments:

Post a Comment